Mold mites, also known as fungus gnats, are tiny insects that are often associated with mold growth. They are typically about 1-2 mm in length, and are usually black or dark brown in color. They are commonly found in damp, humid areas, such as bathrooms, kitchens, basements, and other places where mold is present.
Mold mites feed on mold spores, so they are often found in areas where mold is actively growing. They can also be found in areas where mold growth has been removed, but mold spores remain. They do not bite or sting humans, and are not known to cause any direct health problems, but they are often considered as a nuisance. They can also be an indication of mold growth, which can cause health problems and damage to building structures.
If you suspect you have a mold mite infestation, it is important to address the underlying mold problem as soon as possible. Cleaning the area, removing mold growth, and improving ventilation can help to reduce mold mite populations. Keep in mind that controlling mold mites will be difficult if the underlying mold problem is not addressed. It's important to contact a professional mold remediation company to test and assess the mold problem and guide you on how to remove it safely and effectively.